Casa de las América: Premio extraordinario de ensayo sobre estudios de la mujer Límite de Presentación: 30 NOV 2003
Dedicado a ampliar el conocimiento de obras, figuras o grupos de mujeres latinoamericanas y del Caribe que se hayan destacado en cualquier campo de la vida intelectual, social o politica. Obras inéditas en español.
Podrán participar autores de cualquier procedencia. Un premio único e indivisible que consistirá en 3000 dolares o su equivalente en la moneda nacional que corresponda, y la publicacion de la obra por la Casa de las Americas.
Consulten las bases completas en la página: http://www.casa.cult.cu/premiocasa/2donivelconvoct.htm, sitio de la Casa de las Americas, de La Habana, Cuba, donde encontrarán más convocatorias vigentes en las áreas de LITERATURA, MUSICOLOGIA y ARTISTAS DEL GRABADO.
Women´s edge: Request for Art
Women’s Edge, a non-profit organization that advocates for international economic policies and human rights that support women worldwide in ending poverty, seeks submissions of visual art depicting women from artists from developing countries.
The artwork will be used as part of the organization’s fifth anniversary celebration in September 2003 and several pieces will be given as awards to Members of the U.S. Congress that have worked to promote women’s development around the world.
Use of Artwork
- Original pieces will be given as awards to Members of the U.S. Congress, leaders in the non-profit community and citizen advocates.
- Artwork will receive wide distribution and recognition. Printed reproductions, such as note cards and posters, will be made of the pieces with information on the artist included. Women’s Edge will also use the artwork in its website and publications. If your work is chosen, you will receive:
- A $500 award per piece selected
- Recognition in Women’s Edge materials, website, and whenever the artwork is used
- A complimentary invitation to and recognition at the gala event on September 18, 2003 in Washington, D.C. where awards will be given (Women’s Edge will not cover travel expenses to the event in Washington, D.C.)
- flat artwork (2 dimensional)
- no larger than 30×30 inches square
- positive, colorful and active images of women
- artists must be from a developing country, but can be residents of the U.S.
- artists may be any age
- artists may be female or male
- artists may enter as many pieces as they like
- artwork must be completed when photographed to be entered for submission
- all artwork must be submitted by the artist themselves
- if selected, the original artwork must be received in good condition by Women’s Edge in Washington, D.C. no later than September 10, 2003
To Submit Entries
Send photograph(s) of the completed artwork via regular mail or email to Women’s Edge by August 10, 2003. Please include your name, a short biography, your mailing address, email, phone, fax, name of piece, and any relevant description or additional information.
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send by mail to: Ritu Sharma, Women’s Edge, 1825 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 800, Washington, D.C. 20009, USA. PLEASE SEND PHOTOGRAPHS ONLY. ANY ARTWORK RECEIVED WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Selection of Artwork
Four to six pieces will be selected. Artwork will be selected and artists will be notified by August 20, 2003.
Once pieces are selected they must be received in good condition by Women’s Edge no later than September 10, 2003. Women’s Edge will reimburse reasonable shipping costs. Artwork will not be returned and will become the property of Women’s Edge and Women’s Edge will have exclusive rights to its use.
For More Information
Please address any inquires to Ritu Sharma, Executive Director, Women’s Edge, email@example.com, 202-884-8398. For more information on Women’s Edge, please see our website at www.womensedge.org